30 before 30 || Adventure Photographer
Back in March, I decided to make a blog post about my top 30 things I’d like to do within the next 2.5 years (before I turn 30… eek!) I haven’t done too bad, there are a few bigger ones that I have done that I didn’t even realize were on my list at the time, so it was almost subconscious!
Original Post (below)
This year, I will turn 28… *sigh*
I really do think I have an awesome life, it’s full of adventure, fun and cool people. I love what I do, I love where I go, I love pretty much everything (sick, i know!). I just have so much gratitude for everything and everyone in my life, but it’s time to make some goals before the big 3-0. I’ve done more in my life than I could have imaged so far. I have graduated from college, moved to beautiful Southern California, done a few marathons and triathlons, have an awesome job as a photographer for Chapman University, have my own photography business; and more recently, I will be graduating with my masters degree in Organizational Leadership. I sit here writing and think, “wow, life is good. How could I expect to anything more? Can it get any better?”
The answer is yes! There is so much life to live!
My goals are some easy to do tasks and some are more lifelong projects… They will be ever-changing and evolving…
1. Graduate with my master’s degree – Officially done! yahoo! (August 19, 2012)
2. Live simply
3. Have my own studio/business – Ongoing Process, lauched full time photography business on May 1, 2012
4. Share my photography talents with kids
5. Join a local community non-profit organization and be really involved – now on the board for Vegasroots.com & hope to help them develop a youth council
6. Do a full Ironman Triathlon
7. Do a century bike ride
8. Travel to Thailand
9. Spend a week in the summer helping my parents during harvest (again).
10. Go on 2 long road trips per year (I guess that means 4 road trips before 30) – traveled to Vancouver this year for a wedding and rock climbing!
11. Lead a 5.9 climb
12. Reconnect with 5 people I have lost touch with.
13. Meditate (2x a week)
14. Have my photography in a gallery
15. Donate blood regularily
16. Call my closest friends at least once a week
17. Get lasik
18. Read 3 books a year for enjoyment; 3 books for personal growth and/or business
19. Be in the best shape I have ever been in (ok, dare I be so vain, I really want to see at least one ab muscle, just gets harder with age, right?!? :))
20. Suprise a friend
21. Donate my time to a non-profit that needs marketing/photography
22. Say hi to at least 5 strangers a day
23. Practice my writing and blogging (3x a week) – yay! I can say that I have figured out a system to blog regularily.
24. Get triathlon coach certified
25. Make a coffee table book of photography – does a high-end wedding album count?
26. Really be present, in the moment, each day (huge struggle for me)
27. Explore videography – on-going, but I did do my first official professional business video this week!
28. Be authentic. I do think I have done this, while this is also an on-going effort, I will not let myself waver.
29. Grow my close relationships.
30. Go. Do. Be – as much and as often as I possibly can!